AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which combine to buy??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 7/21/2006 00:17 (#28465 - in reply to #28378)
Subject: RE: Which combine to buy??

I assume you have other employment, so I would eliminate the 4400 as too small to get the job done timely.

I'm a silver fan, & I kinda lean to the M2. Around here the L2 run about the same price......

The red rotory might be the best deal for you, assuming a red dealer is easier for you to find - seems that is the case these days. Really hear good things about them.

The green machines have their fans, and were good machines. Nothing wrong with a 6600 / 6620. Lots running around here yet. Until it breaks, then it's heck to try to repair. They sure put a lot of pulleys on a single shaft, in a hard to reach place.............

Years ago all the big operators had Gleaner F's. Then JD 6600 became all the rage. Now red rototaries are 2-1 favorites 'round here. Doesn't matter what color tractor a person has, that seems to be the history of popular combines, locally.

For new machines, I don't even know of a JD 9000 style running anywhere near me - must be as I see a few at the dealer. Many many Case 1288's in the fields I see.

Don't know that I helped you, guess it's been a long day & I should just be reading, not typing.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)