AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9510 Straw Walker Losses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rosco
Posted 7/21/2006 00:57 (#28481 - in reply to #28284)
Subject: RE: 9510 Straw Walker Losses

Do you have the JD risers (H131516, H141883 or H146639) for the straw walkers? I have about 16 in my 9610. Also there is a beater grate curtain option (BH80229) that goes behind the beater, over the walkers to slow down the straw. Make sure that your beater grate is in the upper set of holes. There are extensions (H131661) on the center walkers that can be extended to catch grain. I also like to cut as high as possible to reduce the amount of straw going into the machine and thus reduce load on the walkers. Make sure that your concave is "zero'd out" by following the steps in the O.M. I like to take it a step further and tighten mine up till it ticks. Some guys like to put in the concave filler strips (AH140416) to improve threshing at the concave. I tried them in a 8820, but they always seemed to come out and go through the chopper. There are also 2 different concave closure packages that you can get,(BH78495, BH 78486) but I have not used them. There are the usual things like new rasp bars, a new and level concave, beater wings not worn out,etc. I apologize if this info is old news to you, but I don't know how much you know about the machine. Good luck tuning yours up!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)