AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Andersons and HTA is bullcrap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Badger
Posted 1/21/2008 17:50 (#288861 - in reply to #287911)
Subject: I bet if you would make the margin calls they would

Huntley Montana

I'd bet if you were willing to meet the margin calls they might allow you to  HTA.

But with the legal hassel's it would take to force some of the people that do not think they are oblagated to follow the rules when they sign a contract, I'm amaized that anyone wants to do HTA's.  1 or 2 bad "experances" would sour most people. Esp if  1 of them were out $50,000-1,000,000 on the wrong side of the deal.  & what do you want to bet  that Andersons or a few other elevators have a few of those deals where they made the margin calls & the producer "crapped out" with the higher prices?  A $1 is 1 story,(not that it would be right) but $5-10 on Beans or wheat & a lot  of producers figgure "we got $crewed" & "forget" to deliver what they said they would.

I don't have any idea of who Andersons  or you are but I see too many instances of where someone is trying to not do what they agreed to do.  I'm not saying you wouldn't follow through, but you know of someone that has said " I got screwed" after bragging " how good I contracted my grain".

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)