AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Andersons and HTA is bullcrap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/21/2008 18:27 (#288903 - in reply to #288861)
Subject: It happens

Pittsburg, Kansas

At least with forward cash contracts and the dollar loss is the same. One of largest farmers in area last year decided not to deliver on some corn to a local end user.....quite a few bushels, cause tha market went up. I would have thought they would have sued him but not that I have heard. Would not contract any more with him so he contracted with a third party and still delivers grain there. If I were them I would have banned his trucks hauling any grain there. I suppose they don't want to press charges because of the bad publicity but the extra they had to pay to replace the grain comes right off their bottom line.

If I were a landlord I don't think I could trust a tenant that does business like that. He would not have my ground any more if I was renting. If he will screw one person he will screw the next.

How can a person plan anything if people do not live up to their contracts? What good are contracts?

If I were a grain buyer I would be VERY leery forward contracting, HTA or any other contract in current market conditions. I would sure want to know the person I was doing the contract with had some integrity.

I've delivered a lot of grain for less than it was bringing currently because of forward contracts but never thought of trying to screw them out of the deal. But it happens.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/21/2008 18:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)