AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tail "wagg'in" the dog
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 1/25/2008 10:48 (#292708 - in reply to #292597)
Subject: Re: When the gubment just gives away money, the...

north central Oklahoma
market knows there hasn't been an increase in productivity to account for that windfall (especially among those that will get the biggest rebates), and so prices go up. I remember back when the child tax credit was first signed into law by Clinton. Some wench I worked with was exuberant with how "Clinton is really looking after us working families..." I asked her "What do you think the cost of diapers, daycare, doctor visits, anal thermometers, etc. will do now that vendors know you have more money to spend?" It seemed obvious to me that if I was a daycare owner, I'd try to tap into some of that stolen-at-gunpoint-by-the-IRS money that these ****s now have. Tell them that costs are going up. Insurance, peanut butter and jelly, labor, baby formula, etc.

So I think we'll see inflation. If I was poor, I wouldn't uncork the champagne and celebrate just yet, oil went up on the mere mention of a $150B stimulus package.

If GWB really wanted to help the "working poor" (God, I hate that term) he'd commission a team of geologists to find oil, gold, silver, or any of the PGM Metals, and then be able to economically fight back. His administration has got to figure out some way to back the Dollars that are being printed willy-nilly.

I can think of many alternative uses for the money . Offering a one billion dollar purse to the company that comes up with a cure for cancer. Not more of this same chemotherapy crap we have now but a way to preferentially target cancerous cells, obliterate them AND repair the section of the patient's DNA that created them in the first place. Or in other words, come up with some ultra-high-tech product to export to the rest of the world, and start undoing years of foolish economic leadership.

Canada exports gold and platinum and their dollar is doing better than ours (whoda thunk that would've ever happened?). Brazil exports ethanol. Venezuela and the rest of OPEC export oil. South Africa is #2 behind China for gold production and exports what they don't need internally.

I guess what frustrates me is all these other countries have their **** straight. They take their own economic wellbeing seriously. Surely the US with universities and factories and coal and natural gas and arable land should be able to figure out a product that the rest of the world just can't live without.

Edited by Cowboycorn 1/25/2008 11:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)