AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spring Wheat Note.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 1/26/2008 17:17 (#293799 - in reply to #293759)
Subject: Re: Spring Wheat Note.

Check out www.mgex.com if you havent already.................seems to me I checked into the quality specs on deliverable wheat and at that time they were excepting CRAP so as you say, homework required. Please not my post below concerning the INDEXES for commodities that are CASH settled versus the big boys who wont allow physical deivery by us small frys. If all of us producers would participate even JUST a few contracts worth, we MIGHT get these indexes to take off.

Anyway, as you have already alluded to, in the MINNYwheat market its really not what you read about, its who is caught and who are they caught by that is the key to the direction of the market...........much more so than KCBOT or CME.......simply because it is a smallermarket and very specific commodity.

I have a fondness for the MGE market. My first trade ever was buying a CALL option on a Sept Minn 1988......bought it in the spring of the year and it just forgot to rain,,,,,,,,,,,made $1.05 per bushel........do you think I was hooked on trading then??????????
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)