AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wind damaged corn saver
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 7/24/2006 20:31 (#29524 - in reply to #29456)
Subject: RE: Wind damaged corn saver

Here is a short video clip I shot in 2000 of the Roll-A-Cone setup I had set up on my cornhead.

http://photos.imageevent.com/vprb/farmmpgs/2000%20Down%20Corn%20Movie.mpg

They did a great job for me but my stalks were also still attached and it is something that you simply cannot rush you need to let them do their thing.  I bought a used platform reel drive orbit motor to run mine. I was able to vary the speed of them using the reel speed control in my 6620. If you have any more questions about them I would be happy to share more about what I experienced in using them.

Be prepared ......the extra dirt load going through the combine is not something your going to like but there is little you can do to prevent it. I always referred to the down corn as the gift that keeps on giving in the form of worn out parts like elevator chains, feeder house chain , cylinder bars etc.  

It's tedious and nerve wracking but you have to have some faith and patience that it will eventually all turn out okay. I know it's hard to see that right now but I've been there too many times myself.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)