AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Cliff, the Bus, the Rocks.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinoisfan
Posted 1/30/2008 21:22 (#297155 - in reply to #297099)
Subject: RE: The Cliff, the Bus, the Rocks.

I sense doom and gloom in your thoughts, and I tend to agree. I had a college professor that used a saying that I live by... "Things are ALWAYS more complex than they appear."

Many people think that throwing $1000 at every family in America will solve all of our problems. Others think that a reduction in the FED rate will solve all of our problems. Washington Mutual has gone from the $10's to nearly $18 just a few weeks. I guess everything is now ok. I guess they don't have to worry about those mortgage payments anymore.

The entire time I was growing up, my parents made me take responsibilty for the "stupid" things that I did. This was part of a values based upbringing. I simply wish that our government would make people do the same thing. Didn't the Republican party used to believe in "hands-off" government? Weren't they once believers in balanced budgets? I voted for Bush in the last two elections with hopes that he would abolish the estate tax, or at least put much higher exemptions on for family farms and small businesses. This didn't even happen during a Republican senate. I am very disappointed right now in our leadership, This whole economic fiasco is much more "complex" than it appears, and I am very fearful of what is to come. With a fresh turnover in leadership, I think that it only becomes yet more complex.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)