AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone just want to sell and watch??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 1/31/2008 10:01 (#297466)
Subject: Anyone just want to sell and watch??

cropsey, il 61731
I've got about 10% left to sell of corn and beans and some bills to pay. Our local bid is $4.66 and 12.18 if I got out now it would be at the highest sale price for the 07 crop. We could use the banks 8% money (should get adjusted down soon) and hang on for higher prices, but I have the urge to use as little borrowed money this year as possible (ends up looking like a $60K raise at the end of the year). The question is do we have 8% more to go up in the markets? Agtrader likely thinks we will drop to $1.50 (all commodities) tomorrow and others think Goldman/Sachs 14.50 and 6.50 numbers are right.

With this little of my crop left it would take a pretty large move to add up to significant $, so the net affect of whatever I do is not a huge deal anyway. 'Peace of mind' says sell and be done with it - I made most of my really bad sales decisions starting 1.5 years ago. 'Missed the rally again' says wait and wait - Agtrader is really a cuban spy trying to disrupt the markets or he just might be from Idaho. Senior sounds like he is buying in on the next break and pretty sure he is not doing so he has a loss to write off.

What voices are yaking inside you guy's heads?

Thanks, Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)