AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions Please - Marketing development - lots?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/31/2008 13:58 (#297638 - in reply to #297614)
Subject: Re: Opinions Please - Marketing development - lots?

If this were me & you may have already considered this, My master plan would involve different types of housing to enhance the sales to at least 75% above BE. I would think in terms of a few lots for attractive bungalows, consider a townhouse area, a condo area & if the appropriate location, reserve a bit for some commercial. You add value in the mix. You might run into zoning probs. but when they look at potential tax base...they will usually concede. You have trees...also think in terms of a nice stone entry into the area unless there is more than one access entry. I like condos & townhouses & so do builders, as the second story cuts back on the overall cost of construction...this would appeal to a builder. If you are not going to be the builder, I would sit down with a local builder with a reputation for quality houses...he/she can be of considerable help & can always cut a side deal with him & wholesale a lot or two in his direction. One of the keys is controlling the types of structures as no one wants to plunk down a $500K package for a property & have some fellow build an odd house next door & paint it purple. Envision the master layout & get a rendering, like I say should not cost more than $1,000 best if hand drawn versus computer & organize a brochure & go from there. In the current economic atmosphere, in view of your location and amenities....why worry about unsold lots? I doubt they will be lower in value in 5 years. Some builders wishing to keep a minimum crew at work in these times will gladly JV a deal where you put up the lot & they build & split the deal. I have always tried to attract a broad market...there are a lot of singles out there who like condos...you have easy access & they can enjoy the area..have the amenities and no yard work. The hottest item going in some areas is the zero lot line concept, each owner has a wall so they are not considered condos...but almost zero yard. A courtyard home similar as to what was built in europe long ago...in some areas are selling very well particularly among elderly widows. They have courtyard walls, for privacy and security & always place the garage behind the house so it offers better eye appeal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)