AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Exports.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/31/2008 16:34 (#297719)
Subject: Exports.

Going thru these numbers by country, China & Egypt are significantly above normal buyers in soybeans, while s. korea, mexico, taiwan, indonesia, thailand & s. korea are behind normal so the question on the table is....are they going to come to the party later?

Same for corn, Taiwan & Canada, which are good routine customers are behind schedule & a little bit of the same in wheat.

For example Israel is 138% above what I view as normal in corn & Chile and S. Arabia are 200% of normal.

I am sure some have commitments to SA, but I doubt for all of their estimated needs. I also notice some countries are buying smaller quantities sometimes & below the export report limit; Point is, while our exports are very strong, a few of these countries are substantially above their 5-year average use..and with these strong exports to-date raises some suspicion in my mind some of these other regular customers are perhaps waiting for some price decline & we may well hear from them later. The other thing I notice, a couple of countries last week booked in amounts below the reporting limit & simultaneously increased actual shipments suggesting they are in the spot market as well. Also seeing some action from the small countries who I group in the "other" category as they are not usually that significant.

Some of these people are going to have to come to someone's table sooner or later.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)