AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions Please - Marketing development - lots?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sawinc
Posted 1/31/2008 16:44 (#297726 - in reply to #297653)
Subject: Re: Opinions Please - Marketing development - lots?

NCSD
Just got back from a vacation to the BVI's. Was taken in by the beauty of the area. Noticed a seemingly large amount (in some places) of beautiful homes/condo's overlooking the ocean on steep island land.

Our charter boat captain was a very experienced and intelligent local with a wealth of connections. When the subject of business came up, he was very eager to collaborate in some way regarding real estate and or the growth of his business in the tourism industry. I thought I understood him to say that a nice 1/2 acre lot could be purchased for $60,000 for a BVIslander vs. $200,000 for a foreigner. I say "thought" because between his slight caribbean accent and my slight fogginess from too many sips of painkillers full of Cruzan Rum, I may have misunderstood.

I couldn't get over the feeling the whole time I was there that I was surrounded by opportunity.

Due to my relative youth and definite inexperience in such ventures, I am skittish. But still, having such a connection seems like a tremendous opportunity if I can "find a way".

Any thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)