AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paper Mache?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

No Till 2
Posted 2/1/2008 08:25 (#298246 - in reply to #298071)
Subject: Re: Paper Mache?

DEEP pockets are never deep enough in the case of many producers. Even deep pockets getting lightened by such a volatile market has to hurt. You are so right about this market being hairy/scarey. I did start out this post with the statement "It SEEMS" not "They are" ie as matter of fact. I do know that we are in uncharted waters and the US monetary system is in extreme danger of a meltdown which in my little old opinion is at some point unavoidable. I am not ag trader aka no till 2 just wanted to throw out of the other side of this boat for a little balance. Those of us who have a stake in this market can be swayed by emotional rants of either bears or bulls.As for me I simply have made some good sales along the way and have some july corn calls bought on breaks to hold against future old crop sales. I don't think any market flush will last too long even if the BIG players sell off fast as there will be outside end users rushing in to snap up supplies.Maybe we have already witnessed that, I am not well informed enough to know at this point. What if this market does run to even much greater levels because of demand/crop production woes/money devaluation??? Can I as a good ol poor farmer afford to miss out on it? Man having too much forward sold in front of all these dynamics SCARES ME! Its a BRAVE??? new game and I am not convinced old school techniques are correct at this time.The truth is that unless you know for sure the events of the future through divine revelation or inside info you don't know and there are many different events that will make this market move wherever.Some knowns are 1. We all have to eat. 2.Farmers need to produce and sell. 3. Endusers need to buy. 4. Governments and Dictators have always fought for world dominance at the expense of their people. 5.Masses of people have always suffered for the selfishness of oppressive authorities.6. Fiat money systems have always at some point failed.7. Governments fail and change. And LOL 8. My John Deere needs some kind of oil to run. If a market flush comes hard and fast I will be digging hard for some $$$ to buy calls with. If that is such a wrong idea convince me! Constructive critics welcome!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)