AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Question about NH3 - PIC
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 2/6/2008 12:36 (#302636 - in reply to #302568)
Subject: Re: Another Question about NH3 - PIC

Brazilton KS
That is just a piece of iron with holes in it. You will get considerably better shank-to-shank distribution with a vertical dam or variable orfice manifold.

All the hoses the same length won't hurt anything, but with a good manifold it is pretty much an old wives tale. With a cheapo manifold you can use orficed hose barbs to make it "better" but it is kinda pointless when you can just buy a good manifold to start with.

A careful operator can do a very good job with the regulator type meters and a speedometer and acremeter, however if you are going to do any amount of acres something automated makes it much nicer to operate. We're talking about $50 plus per acre going through this machine, so this is not a place to save a thousand bucks at the expense of accuracy. According to my rough "in my head" figures, NH3 will pay for almost anything that improves application accuracy by a couple % in a few thousand acres....an I don't mean pay the ownership cost of it for the year, I mean pay for it outright.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)