AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Question about NH3 - PIC
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 2/8/2008 21:03 (#304947 - in reply to #303965)
Subject: It is my guess that he means -

Little River, TX
Besides being borderline sarcastic, he may be saying open the valve and visually check the flow from the drops. I would not think that would be a real accurate evaluation of any difference in flow the drops, ass effected or not effected by hose length and or diameter.

Your General La may quote is an accurate reflection of live in the Air Force, Strategic Air Command in the 1950's and early 1960's. I was in SAC during that and later times.
The idea was if you are lucky and happen to be in the right place at the right time, and things went exceptionally well you would not say you do not deserve that award and promotion. So if the opposite happens and your reward is a broken career, that was just the breaks. Everything evens out eventually for the group, though a few suffer and a few prosper.
On a B-52 crew a few really skilled crew members could and did carry the entire crew to grand heights with promotions all around. A different crew with one individual who was especially incompetent or unlucky could terminate at least 6 careers. Nothing like a midair collision or finding rocks in a cloud to terminate a career.
To this day I am grateful some of the pilots I flew with respected my judgement and we avoided an early termination of our mutual careers.

Edited by Hay Wilson in TX 2/9/2008 06:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)