AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Question about NH3 - PIC
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/9/2008 00:06 (#305100 - in reply to #302702)
Subject: RE: Another Question about NH3 - PIC

Pittsburg, Kansas

Lucas, just want to make sure I am understanding what you are saying. We use manifolds just like in the original post picture. When we inquired at the fertilize equipment place where we bought them (one manifold each on two different applicators) when we described our situation the salesman suggested based on research the regular manifold would be as good for us as the vertical dam or other more expensive designs. Perhaps he was talking about the k-State research. I was ready to buy the expensive manifold and he basically told me I didn't need it.

As I understand it you are saying that the regular manifold mounted with a bottom feed has as good of COV as the other more expensive manifolds? I didn't know the inlet orientation made a difference and frankly right now can't remember for sure but I think ours is mounted with top inlet. Looks like if I understand you right we need to flip it over. Is that correct?

I have always tried to size things to keep the manifold pressure up. With the smaller applicators of old we used the restrictor orifices but with the wider machines we have now I just use one manifold and max out the number of outlets and that seems to run our pressure around 40 psi most of the time. Some guys with our width of applicators run two manifolds but it always looked like to me that would be a way of introducing uneven flow from one side of the applicator to the other. That was just my gut feeling, nothing to back that up.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/9/2008 00:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)