AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Question about NH3 - PIC
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 2/9/2008 00:50 (#305123 - in reply to #302636)
Subject: Re: Another Question about NH3 - PIC

just a tish NE of central ND
plowboy - 2/6/2008 12:36

That is just a piece of iron with holes in it. You will get considerably better shank-to-shank distribution with a vertical dam or variable orfice manifold.

All the hoses the same length won't hurt anything, but with a good manifold it is pretty much an old wives tale. With a cheapo manifold you can use orficed hose barbs to make it "better" but it is kinda pointless when you can just buy a good manifold to start with.

A careful operator can do a very good job with the regulator type meters and a speedometer and acremeter, however if you are going to do any amount of acres something automated makes it much nicer to operate. We're talking about $50 plus per acre going through this machine, so this is not a place to save a thousand bucks at the expense of accuracy. According to my rough "in my head" figures, NH3 will pay for almost anything that improves application accuracy by a couple % in a few thousand acres....an I don't mean pay the ownership cost of it for the year, I mean pay for it outright.

It is a peice of iron with holesin it for use with hose barbs with small orfices in them.Ive used them for years and see no real reason to stop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)