AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can GPS steer this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

moonshine
Posted 2/14/2008 02:25 (#309213 - in reply to #308778)
Subject: RE: Can GPS steer this?

Idaho
EZ steer is a bit challenged to follow our countours. I'm near Moscow. Once you have a system you discover that many fields are adapated to A-B lines. If you go to more direct seed/minimum till and spraying vs tillage this becomes apparent. I have several fields with mile or mile and a quarter runs in the hills. 350 horses on a pull sprayer to keep up the speed. 300 won't do it in some places. Just power out. If the tractor won't do the a-b get a bigger tractor. The efficiency will pay for it soon enough. I had to throw away the field work patterns between my ears from the Cat 35, 7UD4, hot rod D6, 5 bottom plow. backlash dead furrow time and get out of the box.

I seed using a-b also with a 455 with some exceptions where it simply must be contoured. I have made a direct seed drill using a wilrich quad chisel and used it some last spring so I'm not sure how that will work in all situations. Stay tuned.

The Ag Leader products have served me well from the very first EZ guide+ version 1.0 to my 500. Not one cable (well we're not counting the windshield wiper exhaust muffler mud storm melt down thing) firmware or hardware failure. Have not been to the chiroprator since I bought it!!!! That makes it right there. I'm often asked "how o you stay awake?" I find, I am much more alert visually checking seed runs, discs blockages, nozzle plugs,listening to radical right wing talk radio ect than being hypnotized watching the "mark". Like driving to SPO and getting to the Harvester at Spangle with no recollection of Rosalia.

A-B lines works here. Throw in some adaptive curves where needed and enjoy.
Moonshine
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)