AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Govt payments...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bmcpherson
Posted 2/15/2008 10:15 (#310349 - in reply to #310325)
Subject: Re: Govt payments...

You know what, it is not going to do any justification here. So i might as well just keep my mouth shut. The bottom line is everyone is jealous of everyone else because they may draw more then the next. So what do they want. They want it done away with. If they are going to hand it out might as well sign up and take it. It helps us get through the year so we dont have to use out of our crop loan.

Yeah some people abuse the system. I know some personally, but do i fault them. If they have the knowhow to get around the regs so be it. That is for them to do and not me. I dont want any more than what is suppose to be for me and my farm. We draw no where near the limit and never will, so more entities will do us no good. Some large guys have to do that to draw. If it is not drawn it is not used and goes to some other program. So why not keep it in agriculture.

So yeah i am real. I dont care what anyone thinks of how i run my operation, or what i draw. As long as they are there i will draw them. When they or not i wont. Until we have to cross that bridge i will not bother to worry about it. You shouldnt either. My land owners draw there share, and that does not bother me. most of if uninformed public does not like the fact that landowner draw payments. but if on a crop share rent where they share in the risk. They should be able to draw that percentage. Yeah some may not need it, but who are we to say who needs it and who dont.

If you dont like the payments dont signup. We dont care what you draw or how much. just dont pass judgement because we do. We all do it for different reasons. Some good some bad.

brad
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)