AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For Loran: Cost of growing c & sb
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

loran
Posted 2/15/2008 17:13 (#310621 - in reply to #310453)
Subject: Re: For Loran: Cost of growing c & sb

West Union, IOWA FLOLO Farm 52175
I'm not trying to ignore anything and I'm surely not piling grain on the end of the field. By getting a picked up bid, we do dump in trailers(kinda figured most people could comprehend that) but we also use that bid to decide whether to load direct or dry it and store it(Used to have a deal where up to 30% moisture withjust a moisture dock, so why would I charge drying?)

I'm just trying to put a $ figure to what's happening. I don't know why it's so hard comprehend getting and infield price as a basis to justify either selling direct or storing something.

Even Tommy admitted he's selling beans out of the field,I'd bet he's loading trucks,not piling them on the end? Why is it so hard to fathom doing the same to corn?

Apparently alot of owners of whole farm custom jobs I have are easier to explain things to since they see the numbers and the first thing they say is what brand of corn are planting and where's my hat. But then by most peoples description of "farmer" they don't fit-- Business owners that get a thrill out of the farm experance.

OH well have fun with it I'm out of here for a couple of days, gotta treat my Dang hot wife(according to TonyBone 8)--loran

Edited by loran 2/15/2008 17:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)