AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Govt payments...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

fertilizerguy
Posted 2/15/2008 19:46 (#310729 - in reply to #309975)
Subject: RE: Govt payments...

Coup, you and I disagree about a few things here but I agree with you on this issue. I will be about as unpopular as you after this post. The safety net idea is good but probably not needed since there are already many insurance safety net options currently available. Saying if it offered, I will take it and then claiming you are different, or better, than others accepting other goverment aid is ridiculous. People accept welfare, food stamps, free medical care, and any other hand out because they are available. If it wasn't available then no one could complain about that welfare case just sponging your hard earned tax money. I bet you could interview any number of people on public assistance who would say that there is nothing wrong with taking what is offered. Someone needs to explain how this aid is different than direct farm payments not based on any type of income level. Just saying what if the price goes down we need it now is like me saying I need unemployment in case I lose my job or I need free health care in case I get sick. There aren't many people who can choose the job they want to do and have the government pay them if they can't make enough money doing it. The real problem with all the arguments are that people can't step back and look it from an unbiased perspective.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)