AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Govt payments...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 2/16/2008 00:30 (#310946 - in reply to #310534)
Subject: Re: Govt payments...

just a tish NE of central ND
DaveSD - 2/15/2008 14:28

Yes, by eliminating all payments some ag economists have said that the price of farmland would drop by 40%. Maybe it would make it easier for young farmers to get a start.

Easier for young farmers????It would be nice to see, Probably wont happen, land prices here are driven by people that buy cheap food and make big medical or lawayer / professional fees for a living and buy up land to hunt a goose ,Pheasant, or a duck cause their money in a bank isnt earning them anything anyway. Big city hunters are buying up land in small town usa, and just MHO, no big farmers are ever going to let small guys have a chance at getting an easy start in farming any more these days unless it is their son/daughter or nephew. All others have a struggle all the way it seems. Lessons I have learned along the way is the big farmers with or without money move forward running over anything in their way.Thier easiest takeover is some poor kid starting out and is cash poor.No way can he compete. If land were cheap, just gives establised farmers more buying power to screw the young guy startinig out.. ASK me how I know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)