AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mojoRTK experiences ::UPDATE 1::
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/16/2008 08:46 (#311036 - in reply to #311026)
Subject: RE: mojoRTK experiences

dlver - 2/16/2008 07:21

"If you are starting with a tractor that already has integrated auto steer that can be controlled by the mojoRTK then the mojoRTK is pretty competitive for giving you RTK accuracy. As far as I know, the EZ-Guide 500 and other similar products can't control the auto-steer that came with your tractor"

Trimble's EZ-Guide 500s are being installed on tractors such as JD's "AutoTrac Ready" and others. The EZ-Guide 500 will control the factory installed hydraulic valve using Trimble's NavController II. This gives you the ability to utilize Trimble's RTK, and EZ-Boom from the 500 display.

I was pretty sure that it could control it with the NavController II. However, the NavController II is an added expense on top of the EZ-Guide 500 though and I'm uncertain what that extra cost is. I heard somewhere that a NavController II by itself was somewhere around $5000. I don't know what an unlocked EZ-Guide 500 is with RTK compatible antennas and stuff like that. I'm actually looking into that and if you have some information on it I'd sure appreciate it although I'll have it soon enough as I've been calling around and am just waiting for calls to be returned. Those types of numbers are what I'll be asking for and if it looks competitive even in that area I'll edit the post.

If anyone at all wants to chime in so I can make this as accurate as possible, how much does an EZ-Guide 500 that is capable of using RTK cost? How much does a NavController II cost? How much does a 332 reciever and the neccessary cables to make an EZ-Guide+ run on RTK cost? Things like that are the things I wish I'd researched a little more before jumping on this. At the same time though, one big advantage I feel we have is that we do have our own base station. This way we don't have to depend on anyone elses network to get our work done. Depending on who controls your network, that may or may not be a big deal, and if you're saying you'd get your own Trimble base station as far as I know you're looking at another $15,000 (is that right?) or so and that puts it far out of the mojoRTK price range.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)