AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Govt payments...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Iowadad
Posted 2/16/2008 10:19 (#311094 - in reply to #310818)
Subject: RE: Govt payments...

The Government has an obligation to us for when prices tank? I believe it is called Risk of doing business.
I wasn't alive in the 30's or 50's, so my input on that subject would be irrelavent. I do know in our neighborhood their are a handfull of young farmers that would love to see the government out of ag so we could compete againat the big operations. This past year what is the first thing that happened when grain prices took off? I believe Rent went up. I agree If I were a landowner I would probably like the payments, as a tenant it all gets past on in the form of higher rent. I might of been a little hard on the equip program as it might help the really small farm, but the problem I see is if you are starting out with livestock you have to have enough ground to get the funds (manure management plans). so again the guy with the ground gets the advantage.Although from what I hear it costs so much more to meet the government specs that you are just as well off without it. so that one probably is irrelavent.
As for me is a quarter section split between for siblings a lot of ground? i doubt it. Yes my father did help my brother and I get started (is their any other way?) I do not have a higher position of myself as i too take the payments would be a fool not too, but I obviously believe I would be better off if their was no such thing, you position is obviously differant But I am entitled too my opinion and will not apolagise for it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)