AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Govt payments...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 2/16/2008 15:30 (#311295 - in reply to #310950)
Subject: RE: Come On, Mark

southern MN
I'm not sure you can get a program like that. What you are asking for is the same as what you can get at the bank right now. So why should the govt be in the loaning business? Just go to the bank. If you want the govt out of it (I do too) then get them out of it, no goofy loan deals for you or me either.

What happens when the govt has all these loans out to farmers like you, & 1980's happen again? Then the govt has to bail everyone out one way or another.

I do not think what you are asking for is a practical or useful thing. It would not work.

That might be why you are confusing folks a bit.

With more risk small farmers can float along better, new farmers can find their openning. With the govt programs & the govt insurance programs, farming becomes less risky & more flat-line. Bigger is better, everyone can get closer to only making a dollar an acre & farm 200,000 acres. All the risk is floated off.

Without the govt, banks & such won't go that deep into the risk, and there would be more diversity in farming, more room for you & me.

I don't believe you really want what you are asking for - it would not work out if you look at the big picture.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)