AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mojoRTK experiences ::UPDATE 1::
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/18/2008 15:34 (#312936 - in reply to #312864)
Subject: RE: mojoRTK experiences ::UPDATE 1::

DarrenH - 2/18/2008 12:01 Dpilot83, Thank you for your open thoughts about the mojoRTK. I have had several requests for a printed manual and not just a CD. We are now going to send a printed manual plus the CD with every purchase. So if you or anyone that has purchased a mojoRTK unit wants one just give us a call and we will send one at no charge. In regards to the manual content we do our best to give accurate infomation, however things do get missed and our customer input is welcome. We are currently working on more features that our mojo customers have asked for and you all will see them in the near future. To help clear up a couple of items The compensated NMEA will not be a cost feature, this is free. The second thing I have seen on this thread refers to the NAVII controller we do not currently work with this product to drive a hyd. unit. On expandability not all new features are going to cost our customers, some items are just a natural progression of the mojoRTK. Please feel free to contact us at the office, website, or right here I will help any way I can. Thanks again for the infomative review. Darren H

Thanks for the reply. The support and information I've recieved from mojo representatives such as yourself has always been good. As far as the manual is concerned I don't really mind just having a PDF format manual on a CD although A paper copy would have been a nice touch. What I would like to see is a manual that goes into a little bit more depth about what options are available. A section regarding all the features that are available as upgrades would be nice as opposed to talking to a rep and saying "I wish it could do this" and they say "oh, it can, put this code in". Also, it would be absolutely fantastic if you had a downloadable manual on the mojoRTK site. Why would that be better than what I got off the CD? Because I would assume that manual would be revised on a regular basis and the file would have revision numbers so I could easily know whether I have the most up to date publication. I don't expect a new written copy every time a revision comes out but being able to download it and read it sure would be nice.

Another huge thing for me personally would be knowing what all of these features cost and the best place for that would be on the website. My website building experience is limited however I do know that it shouldn't take long to compile pricing information and make it available to the customers who are basing their decisions off of this.

As an example, it's about $13,000 for the current price of your unit. What does that include? What I'm hearing now is that the RTK and terrain corrected NMEA is going to be free. Does it come with 4 mile or 8 mile range? What are the extra features that I'm going to be able to upgrade it to going to cost me? What are those features? I can look through the menues on the mojoRTK and see what is available to me now but I didn't know that before I bought it. Even though I know what's available I still don't know what it costs me right now because the information doesn't seem to be easily accessible. Yes, I understand that I can ask you or another rep but sometimes it's nice to just jump on the site and see it without having to wait for a call back or something. I'd prefer to save the tougher questions for the phone.

One questions I'll ask you directly is this:

Can a mojoRTK base station communicate with at Trimble (or any other company for that matter) reciever and at what cost? In the "which RTK" thread someone mentioned that if we bought mojo radios rather than the SiteNet900 radio and then payed something like $2500 for a code to unlock the mojo base station we could talk to various Trimble recievers. Like I said earlier, that greatly enhances the value of the unit in my opinion if that can happen.

I guess to summarize, in general, the more documented information, preferably on your website, the better. A secondary request would be have an idea about what we can expect out of the unit in the future.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)