AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's a good 1.8-2.4 conventional bean?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gary Blonde
Posted 2/22/2008 11:35 (#316622 - in reply to #316612)
Subject: RE: gary?

Decatur, Michigan

I have been tied to the seed industry in one way or another for at least a 15 years, early on, it was purely production, then processing, then I got bit by the marketing bug. We quit producing crops organically because of time constraints. We were farming 1200 acres with 25 % being in transition or heading into transition or certified. Dual production methods were very trying and then to add in seed production on top of that was nearly an impossible time management issue. So we are competely conventional farming now.

I would love to own or manage an organic dairy in the future if time would allow, I think it would truly be the best situation for any organic farm, built in fertility for your crops, a great way to maintain crop diversity as well as a built in processing plant for the crops you produce. Totally vertically integrated.

Most people are selling their organic corn to Herbrucks over in Saranac. Soys are a little different story, I was thinking that Bebows had an organic processing plant in Ithaca, but I could be wrong.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)