AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol to come mainly from corn in 2015 - Deere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AussieCockie
Posted 3/5/2008 22:29 (#326924 - in reply to #326618)
Subject: Re: Ethanol to come mainly from corn in 2015 - Deere

I guess the big problem looking at this from the outside is the ignorance that people are showing to this whole food vs energy issue which i think is the big sleeper in convincing the general public that biofuels are good (here in Aus anyway). There have been mountains of food for years and still been people starving, it's politics not lack of food which creates hunger. The scenario is now changing in my opinion niave as it maybe, rather than the intensive livestock industries mopping up the excess grain at a low cost for themselves. We now have a new kid in town who can out bid feeders and has as such lifted the floor in the market, (thankyou Mr Bush for subsidising the worlds farmers not just your own countrymen).

There is still plenty of food avaliable it is just that meat may not be on the plate twice a day in the developed world as we are use to. We need to shift the focus of the bleeding hearts and suggest that the populous put their hands a little deeper into thier pockets and give more monetary aid rather than buying that bigger flat screen TV, if they have a real concern for thier fellow human and are not just worried about their own wants.

It should be remembered that agriculture use to help fuel the world the difference was that it was fuel for horses rather than cars, so where we are is not new just different. We have had wonderful prosperity for so long at the expense of basics such as food, clothing and shelter because our ability to provide has outstripped our ability to consume. The field may be starting to level which will bring a bit of focus to the urban masses. i could be very wrong and things might change back overnight but there is a lot of impoverished people out there wanting a better deal and there starting to get it.

The suits in the F.I.R.E sectors might just have to get use to it but undoubtly they'll put up a fight. i guess our challenge will be to convince the powers that be not to falter to the whims of this sometimes parasitic sector.

Edited by AussieCockie 3/5/2008 22:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)