AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lagoon pit agitation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SCJR
Posted 3/7/2008 21:31 (#328637 - in reply to #328612)
Subject: Re: lagoon pit agitation

East Central MO-Audrain/Pike Counties
I have 1 older Valley that is high pressure w/ impacts. The smaller impacts on the first 2 sections usually plug the way it is. The worst part about high pressure is smell and evaporation (which evaporation isn't all bad if you are just wanting to get rid of the manure.) I know you don't want to hear this, but last 2 pivots were T-L's W/ drops that just hang under truss rods W/ Nelson spinners. The smell is minimal if I wait and pump on taller corn and I try not to run at night when air is heavy. I have never plugged any of the Nelson's. Of course I realize that the impacts on older pivot probably need to be replaced because I believe that they plug W/ rust from reducers. I only have 1 close neighbor and usually he goes camping over Fourth of July weekend(good time to pump). Pumping on the corn does burn top leaves, but you can tell a huge difference in corn within a week. We sprayed Quilt w/ plane last year on irrigated corn which resulted in a 12 Bu increase. I'm glad this isn't posted in Machinery Talk or we would have the whole T-L , Valley battle again. LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)