AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On the Road Again, (and GRIP no HO)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

robheyen
Posted 3/9/2008 15:23 (#329891)
Subject: On the Road Again, (and GRIP no HO)

I'll be driving for about 5 hours, starting about 3:00 p.m. central. I've had several email, along with good discussion on the forum. If anyone wants to call me on the road (free weekend minutes & hands free) and discuss, chew out, etc., concerning crop insurance my cell is 402-643-0235. As you can probalby tell, I eat & sleep this stuff this time of year.

Have a good Sunday afternoon.

Rob

Also, I had an email from a friend who was considering GRIP w/o HO. I really discourage this. If the price is higher in the fall, and you are in the area that causes us to have a higher price, with out harvest option (HO, either GRIP or RA), your guarantee in bushels goes down as the price goes up. No HO means you only have a revenue guarantee, not a bu and revenue guarantee.

Attached is an example for Carrol County, IN. I used past NASS yields, but applied a beginning $5.40 spring price (08), and an ending higher price of $6.90. Then, for 2007, I gave a significant county yield reduction. When this happens, GRIP at both 85% and 90% do well, and even GRP does well, but GRIP 90% without HO fails miserably.

my opinions

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Carrol IN CRN pg 3.pdf (83KB - 176 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)