AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Headset, Coron, or Humic Acid on wheat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jon S
Posted 3/9/2008 18:31 (#330015 - in reply to #329873)
Subject: RE: Headset, Coron, or Humic Acid on wheat?

Rafe,

I think you are being sold a "bill of goods." I hope you got a good meal out of the deal. For every study that shows benefits from humic acid applications you will probably find more that discredit it. Someone else here illustrated that adding humic acid would be like peeing in the ocean and expecting a change.

I would want to get my pH’s to 6.5 or a little better first, then I would want to be able to prove that I may have phosphorous deficiencies before I started to figure out a way to unlock tied up forms especially from some additive that really isn't proven.

I have requested many times here that someone (mostly proponents) explain the science behind humic acid and have never seen a satisfactory answer. It would be a good year to try a few new products however, providing they don’t cost yield.

My question is, are you noticing phosphorous deficiency problems in wheat?

Coron has some merit applied on a foliar basis because it may actually get into the plant, but it is very expensive and I question if it really does anything for adding net income. Maybe it will with $10 wheat. I have never heard of headset. What is it?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)