AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed corn price?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

seedsguy
Posted 3/11/2008 08:01 (#331285 - in reply to #331009)
Subject: Re: Seed corn price?

Didn't lose a sale to anyone. Actually have had a 3k increase this yr in corn sales and have not given a bag away. There are plenty of giveaways in my area as well. I am not trying to make anyone mad on here at all. Here are the facts farmers get tempted with all kinds of deals all the time. Right now things are very "emotional" with high grain prices and extremely high inputs and I understand it as my family farms and I own land myself. It is tough to not take a deal when someone offers one that seems too good to be true or get upset when you "hear" someone else got something you didn't get but what does that truly get you ??? All you do is get stressed out over something you can't control like the weather. Instead quit worrying about it and doing everything about the things you can control. Make sure you have your fertility balanced, a good scouting plan in place, good marketing plan in place, planter tuned up, plant in perfect conditions, perfect weed control plan and be willing in a market like this to spend a little extra to acheive extra bushels if conditions present themselves.
I don't worry about what the competition is doing in my area only what I am doing, If I am doing what I need to do for my growers and putting money on their bottom line they won't take the giveaways and they don't as they cost them money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)