AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Insurance (What If?) Spread Sheet??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Skipper
Posted 3/12/2008 21:22 (#332588 - in reply to #332563)
Subject: RE: Crop Insurance (What If?) Spread Sheet??

The chevy/caddy thing is what the sales guys like for you to invision. And theres some truth in looking at it that way. One measure that I think might help me is to try to decide how many bu. I want to dedicate to insurance and compare that to former years. If 8 bushels was OK @ $2 is 8 still resonable @$5.40. From an economics standpoint probably reasonable to use this for a guide.

FWIW I have a real problem with the insurance thing anyway. We've never collected more than we "invest". Of course thats what the sales people want you to believe is best for you and I know the company supposedly has to collect more than it pays out. But with the Gov't subsidy if us producer don't see a net gain over our share of the premiums then the Govt subsidy is clear profit and any of our net loss is also theirs to keep. I can see if you have high APH's then its a lot better tool than working withthe APH I've got ie; insure a lot more $$ for very little more premium. I don't even want mention that the subsidy that goes directly to the insurance co. doesn't show up on the GAO(or what ever its called)reporting site. That would irritate a lot more of us and the watchdogs too if it was. ENDofRANT

Would anybody care to share if their "investment" has a net gain like say over a 10 year period or is it just a cost of operation.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)