AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who's to blame?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GlenravenFarms
Posted 3/26/2008 16:47 (#342362 - in reply to #342165)
Subject: Re: Who's to blame?

Genoa City, WI
I heard recently that in pricing a product, you want to set the level where about 75% of people will find the price acceptable, and 25% consider it too expensive. If you set the price where everyone thinks it's good, your price is too low.

We're obviously seeing this going on in the chemical market right now. Monsanto and BASF have huge demand for their products, and they are setting prices in response to that. Not that I don't cringe everytime I get a new pricesheet, but as long as I can continue to demonstrate a positive net return on investment for the dollars invested in these products, they are still worth purchasing.

And, absolutely you have alternatives. Bayer and Syngenta have gotten on the fungicide bandwagon, and have product to sell. If you don't like Monsanto glyphosate, buy Durango from Dow, Touchdown from Syngenta, or one of the many generic products. Or, just don't buy anything, and go back to conventional beans and no fungicides on your corn. There are always alternatives, it just depends on how well they work for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)