AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

started planting cotton today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 3/30/2008 09:56 (#345346 - in reply to #343448)
Subject: RE: started planting cotton today

East Central Arkansas

It's still a little early here yet but all the neigbors are blowing and going getting ready to plant corn and beans. I went to turn the heat on at our Church this mourning and noticed the field next to it had been planted yesterday to twin row corn or beans. I am sure there has been a good bit of corn , beans and rice planted around this week but I have been stuck close to our place this week. All we have done so far this spring is to get our burndown out. We got it out the firsts of this month and have everything pretty clean. We did get most of the ground subsoiled last fall with a paratill but didn't pull beds with it.

With all of the flooding upriver and in the bottoms we are watching  the water now as it creeps up in the lower areas around us. It's raining here this morning and heavy rain forecast for tomorrow. In May of 73 we had water waist deep on the higher areas of the farm. I actually live on higher ground a few miles from the farm but it will be quiet a job to move everything out to higher ground. Aunt and Uncle live on the farm as well as others scattered around the area. Some raised there homes after 73 but a lot of them didn't.

We are planning on planting cotton this year and actually got a little booked .  I guess it's just sort of wait and see right now.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)