AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CLAY-ALL-OVER Tiling video
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Clay-All-Over
Posted 3/30/2008 22:03 (#345942 - in reply to #345805)
Subject: RE: CLAY-ALL-OVER Tiling video

Eastern Ontario

If you're looking at the one with the JD8640 and the JD310 unrolling on the go, yes that's me.

We have all clay soils with a rare, very rare rock. The plow you see in the video is basically a Soilmax. I used to own a persall mini tiler which was only capable of 3 1/2 feet. Sold that 2 years ago and made my own. I basically took a picture of a soil max and measured from there.I can go 5 1/2 feet with this one. BTW: Soil Max and Persall =same thing 

Last fall I finished tiling the last acre on the farm. Took about 20 years to do the 2000 acres. Could have done it faster, but we tried to do it before planting or after harvest in order not to loose a crop that year.

The video was taken last spring when conditions were very dry. The subsoil here is like butter, so we could pull fairly fast. There have been times where we had to hook another tractor on to pull. That is only because of traction, not power. I don't know what you have to pull your plow, but the main thing is traction. You gotta get that power to the ground.

All in all, we have been very happy with the plows. This bigger one really floats through the ground. I would definately recommend a Soil Max or Persall. Persall is made in Ontario. Actually my dad was one of the first to buy one in Ontario. They've even quoted him for some of their ads.

Not sure who supplies your tile, but we've been using Armtek ( BigO ). Very good tile. I believe that Ideal drain has entered the market here locally in the last couple years.

Use white tile in the summer and black in the fall/winter. That is to keep the pipe more rigid in the summer and more flexible in the fall/winter. 

We use a very old laser setup, which still works for us. I know nothing about what you're wanting to use, but I gather if it's from Persall, then it's got to be good. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)