AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Modify EZ-Steer for Corn Harvest?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

COdrylander
Posted 8/16/2006 17:05 (#36319 - in reply to #35940)
Subject: RE: Modify EZ-Steer for Corn Harvest?

NE CO
I visited with Scott today about guidance systems. He is working with a German company that is developing a guidance systems that use a number of inputs for guidance. These systems include GPS, tactile sensors for following rows, optical, and ultrasonic sensors. These sensors input to a main controller (an iBOX) which outputs to a steering controller, usually hydraulic. However they have tested outputting the iBOX to the EZ-Steer motor and found it works in a number of vehicles they have tested.

So in answer to my question, a system is available wich uses tactile sensors to guide a corn head using the EZ-Steer motor. The system is somewhat more expensive than I hoped (about $7500 for the iBOX and ~$3000 for the sensors), but might well be reasonable for larger operators with more corn than I pick. It would also work well for sprayer guidance in corn using the ultrasonic guidance. All in all, a pretty cool system and it looks like a good alternative to high accuracy GPS systems and their higher costs. Scott emailed me a flyer detailing the system which I was unable to load to AgTalk because of its size, but hopefully the link below will work and take you to the German site which has an English page describing the system.

I'm sure Scott would be happy to respond to any further questions you have. He has an e-mail address if you click on his name or his email and phone are listed at the top of the linked page.

John

http://www.reichhardt.org/index.php/index.php/content/view/88/78/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)