AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

machinery for the house (any suggestions for a new vacuum?)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/4/2006 02:49 (#41142 - in reply to #41122)
Subject: Not the first time, probably won't be the last

I can understand your thoughts. The cost of it is small compared to other machinery, but hear me out.

At the time we got the Miele there were few real hepa vacs available. Jill's allergy problems with dust were worse than the kids so that is why we went looking for something better at the time.

Jen has never used anything but the Miele canister that we have now. Not even put a hand on anything else except a little portable canister we use in vehicles. She is not thrilled with pulling the canister around behind her everywhere she goes. I thought it would be worth some time to look into what else was on the market, maybe something would suit her better than the Miele who knows. I do know there are a lot more hepa filter vacs on the market now and just because the Miele is one of the more expensive doesn't make it the best by default.

My thought is and always has been that I would get her what ever I thought would do the job and is in a style she likes to handle. We both vacuum, it depends on who has the time when it needs it, but I can make do with anything, I would rather have one that she really likes. I'm sure most of the Dad's on this board would feel the same way.

After looking so far I'd have to say the Dyson is the front runner. The model they call the "ball" looks like it would get around things good and Jen really likes the idea of dumping the canister and not having to keep replacing bags. We're going to try and find somewhere local where we can actually look at one in person.

Hope you're having a good wknd,
Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)