AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

machinery for the house (any suggestions for a new vacuum?)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 9/4/2006 10:34 (#41196 - in reply to #41156)
Subject: RE: I guess I see it differently than mosst of you guys

Elmira, Ontario

I'll throw in a name no one else has talked about. We have a Tri-Star from 15 or so years ago. It's worked well and does a good job. My wife doesn't like the cannister and there is no tool storage. It's a simple basic, expensive vac that seems to do a good job and has been reliable. We had to replace the hose as the electrical for the power nozzle failed. We've gone through 4 or 5 power nozzle belts, and one roller for the power nozzle.

My wife has started talking about a central system. She hates dragging the cannister around. I don't blame her, but that's what I grew up with so I don't mind. It's constantly wrapping the cord for storage that I hate. 

This thing has an exhaust filter that looks like a car air filter, plus foam pads. I haven't replaced or cleaned either in all those years. Because the filter hangs on the back of the cannister, it is constantly bumping into furniture.

Overall, I like it because it works and does a good job without throwing a lot of dust back in the air, but probably wouldn't recommend it because it's not handy and was too expensive (don't know if it's even available anymore, let alone what the price might be). 

If central isn't an option, I'd probably do as Mike and pick up something cheap. We paid the money because we had a dog in the house at the time, and the old thing we had wouldn't deal with dog hairs.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)