AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Truck hydraulics again... Now several Pics. Can anybody explain this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 9/4/2006 22:39 (#41407 - in reply to #41356)
Subject: Re: Truck hydraulics again... Now several Pics. Can anybody explain this?

Brazilton KS
Here's what I think. I think you have a tank feeding the pump with an integral single acting valve. The hose from the single acting valve goes to the cylinder. Oil flows toward the cylinder through this hose to raise, and is allowed to come back this hose toward the valve, which allows it to return to the pump inlet in order to lower the bed. Returning to the pump inlet is equal to returning to the tank because they are directly connected by an open line. I am willing to bet the "tee" is in fact a pressure relief valve. There needs to be one somewhere. It is usually integral in the pump/valve assembly but it can be seperate, or a seperate one could have been added if the integral one is no longer functional. There is going to be a relief valve on the pressure side of nearly any hydraulic system. Not having one presents the very real possiblity of running the cylinder to the end of it's stroke and continuing to pump oil until something breaks, which will result in things turning sour real fast.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)