AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who is gaining in skidsteer sales?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/4/2006 23:19 (#41421 - in reply to #41408)
Subject: Depends on the operator

When my son got into his excavation business more we sold our Bobcat and moved up to a 277B on tracks. That machine is a terror. It is fast and smooth. Once we ran it we sold our 931 track loader because the 277B could do most anything it could, do it faster and do other things it could not.

My son uses it to finish landscape around ponds that he builds and building pads, scatter sand when he's making riding arena's, the uses are endless. Our only fault is it needs to have a higher dumping height to get over our end dump easier.

There is no bucking with this machine when you turn around, shouldn't be much even with a wheeled machine, prior to this we had a Bobcat of some sort from 1967 to the present day. If it's bucking the most likely mechanical problem is low air pressure in the tires, the most likely operator problem is he's not used to it and is afraid to go on and move. I'm not familiar with a 908 so I don't know what you're talking about there. If you're talking about a tractor and loader the 277B will do 3 or 4 times the work it will and be finished sooner to boot. There is no way a tractor loader can move as fast as he does on the rubber tracks.

This machine runs so smooth that you can use the foot accelerator to hold what ever rpm you want while you're running. There is no need to set a hand throttle. Most of the time we set it a just a bit above idle for moving around tight spots and anything faster than that we use the accelerator.

As for visibility it's as good out of this Cat as anything around. To the rear is not good out of any machine, but once you spend a few hours in a machine you can get used to it and know pretty close to where you are, it's just like any other machine you operate you learn to "feel" the machine and know where it's at and where you can go without actually looking at it. Once you get used to it you're not thinking about moving this lever to do that, all you think about is what you want to do and the rest comes naturally.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)