AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who is gaining in skidsteer sales?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/5/2006 08:13 (#41481 - in reply to #41474)
Subject: if you compare the same size machines you

will probably find the Cat has more torque than the Bobcat. We demo'd the large Bobcat side by side with a 277 several times before we settled on the Cat. At every job site the two machines would run if there was work, once they got to the point they only needed one to finish up, the Bobcat was always parked and the Cat was running.

As far as undercarriage's go I have not run a Case or Deere, not interested because of the rest of the machine and dealers around here. The Bobcat is the same as the Tachuchi (sp?) that's where they get it. It will bounce over every rock in the driveway because it has no suspension on it. The Cat has walking bogies and it flexes over small bumps. Watch them work sometime from outside the machine. The finishing touch will be if you have to try and clean out or work on the undercarriage on a Bobcat. The Cat is wide open, makes cleaning a lot easier.

The biggest advantage to the Cat is it has pilot controls and is not a "fly by wire" set up. For close in work in a finish grade it's much smoother to operate.

If memory serves me I think Charlie told me the 277B he has weighs almost 12,000. The T300 Bobcat is a close match on size, but it's the little things that add up, the smoother ride, pilot controls and the cab on the 277B is larger, and has more leg room. The seat bar is also more comfortable for those of us who are handicapped when it comes to getting away from the table :)

Price wise the Cat was slightly cheaper than the Bobcat, but not enough difference when we bought the Cat that if it had been a better machine we would have gone that way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)