AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who is gaining in skidsteer sales?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/5/2006 12:28 (#41523 - in reply to #41491)
Subject: must have been something wrong

If the Cat was that jerky there had to have been something wrong with it. That's the beauty of pilot controls vs fly by wire on most other machines. The fly by wire are off and then at some point a switch turns on and they start to move. With pilot controls as you move the lever it simply opens a valve and small amounts of low pressure oil start flowing through. The oil in turn controls the hydros.

With our 277B I can sit there and move so slow a wolly worm could keep up. It is really nice when you need to do close in work on a finish grade.

I ran Bobcats for 35 plus years before we went to the Cat, but in my experience once you learn to run a machine with foot controls you can easily change and learn to run one with hand controls, don't know why, but it seems to be a lot harder for someone who learned with hand controls to go the other way. Once you get used to the ISO configuration it's nicer because you can even go to the new track loaders and have the same controls.

I have honestly never tried to spin the Cat in it's tracks, but I've watched my son do it so I know it's possible.

As for the new Case machines, are they still a mechanical linkage or are they fly by wire now like the Bobcat is? I've never been around one close up, only one person I know has one. We don't have a very good dealer for Case industrial products close so they are not really a factor any more around here.

I know Bobcat trys to use the selling point that their fly by wire can be switched between the old configuration where each hand controls one side for forward and back and the ISO configuraton where the left hand steers and the right hand has the bucket functions.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)