AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who is gaining in skidsteer sales?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dave swia
Posted 9/5/2006 19:04 (#41577 - in reply to #41481)
Subject: RE: if you compare the same size machines you

sw corner Ia
looked at the cat, and the last thing I want is a loader with flexing undercairrage. I learned on a cat loader and had to learn how to make my work smooth enough to drive over!

Guys we talked to that have rented all kinds like the bc the best, but mostly because the dealer in omaha is a real goer. All the sales guys we talked to said the bobcat sells about 50% of the market there and cat does not sell the other 50. Must be a reason. I ran that bobcat (had the model wrong, it was a t300) quite a while and rough ride is not a part of that deal. The deere, bc, case, and cat all have within ten hp of each other, with the deere being the highest advertised shipping weight, and hp, and also had the widest tracks at 7'3" or so. My freind who is actually going to spend the cash may get the deere mostly because the dealer is ten miles away and all the others are about 40. The deere uses manual controls for the bucket, and I found I can easily cut a flat bucket with the bc but the geometry was different on the deere forcing me to hold the hoist up a little off the pads while cutting.

Competition has caused all these machines to be very close in performance, and it looks like the dealer/customer relations might make more difference in which one you own. This is just my opinion, and it may be subject to change..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)