AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4710 question for Dutch and whomever?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 9/5/2006 20:33 (#41600)
Subject: 4710 question for Dutch and whomever?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Got my fluctuating spray rate straightend out, but closing the valve completely, but have another intermittant problem, perhaps someone can shed some light on? After traveling about 2 miles or so and stopping and spraying an 80 acre field, when I started back home, and switched up into 4th range, it was kind of hesitanting a bit, them surged a bit, but didnt go as fast as normal. In 4th range it is normally around 26 mph, but now it would only go 21-22mph. 3rd range goes about 18mph. It would kind of speed up a bit, slow down, then finally just stayed around the 21 mph range. I noticed this last week when I was going home from a field, but didnt think anything of it until it happened again today. I talked to a JD tech on the phone and described the problem, and he being the only one that goes out to the field(with any sprayer knowledge), was in the middle of a job and couldnt get away this afternoon. He did say it could be since it is only happening once the oil is heated up, perhaps the oil isnt getting cooled down properly. Then I lost him, as his cell phone cut out. Any ideas as to what the problem may be, and a possible solution. He was correct when I told him it doesnt act this way when I first start out, but only after I have been out for a few hours then the problem occurs. I never have any problem in the field, as I am always in 2nd or 3rd range, but never notice any type of "power loss" or anything.
thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)