AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Welding air tank advice.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 9/5/2006 22:31 (#41658 - in reply to #41568)
Subject: Re: Welding air tank advice.

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
" When a large hydraulically supported load, combine head~ bounces, incredible leverage places phenomenal instantaneous pressures on the cylinders and tube system, easily 10 times what the pump normally puts there, and without a mechanism to absorb the pressure pulse, something is gonna break, and oil is gonna fly."

That reminds me of the neighbor putting a big 8 row JD all crop header on his 750 Massey. They told him from the get go,that he had to add the third header lift cylinder and accumulator to handle that kind of weight. He said he could lift it with two cylinders and saw no need to spend money for that accumulator. The next time I saw him and his combine it had 3 new header cylinders and a shiny new accumulator. leaning against the shed wall was the oddest looking set of old header lift cylinders I have ever seen,the bottom 6 inches were ballooned out like ankles on a skinny mans legs. A little prodding got him to admit that he bounced it through a plow dead furrow which put the header on the ground after the first bounce. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)