AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4710 question for Dutch and whomever?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 9/5/2006 23:07 (#41688 - in reply to #41659)
Subject: RE: Possible problem

South Central Kansas, Harper County
dutch - 9/5/2006 22:32

First thing to do is change fuel filters. Is this the same sprayer you had trouble with earlier this year? Same problem? Make sure everything up to snuff. (engine running full song, able to lug down some etc) Make sure the engine is not the problem! Check low charge pressure and make sure you have new filters on it. Make sure you have the right oil in the hydro. Turfguard 30 wht. Check top speeds in each gear. They should be: 1st=9mph 2nd=13mph 3rd=20mph 4th=29mph If you can't reach those speeds in those gears you may have a wheel motor problem. Tell your dealer which speed you can't reach in what gear and he will be able to look up which motor might be bad. or post here or send me an e-mail and I will try to find out. Hope this helps.

ok, one other thing, if the oil starts to get too hot, you will smell it in the cab (the vent is right behind the cab or somewhere in that vincinity) If you have the level right to the top af the gauge, if it's too hot it will push the oil out of the vent. Had it many-a time running in 90+ temps in the sand.

Same sprayer, but differant problem. Earlier problem was the lift/transfer pump on front part of injector pump. That was fixed, and ran fine. It doesnt seem like a fuel problem, as the RPM's stay up where I think they should be, but I had thought of that first myself, but havent changed the fuel filter(but I did when I first bought sprayer). I dont remember it ever running 29mph, scary when it gets close to that, front end starts shaking and wobbling(lol). I'll check the speeds tomorrow, enroute to another field.
thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)