AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who is gaining in skidsteer sales?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/5/2006 23:51 (#41712 - in reply to #41577)
Subject: RE: if you compare the same size machines you

"looked at the cat, and the last thing I want is a loader with flexing undercairrage. I learned on a cat loader and had to learn how to make my work smooth enough to drive over!"

What's that got to do with the performance of the loader? Most jobs we get on the object is not to level it out flat so the loader runs smooth. The object is to keep the track on the ground so it has traction and flotation. Not have it balanced on a high spot somewhere in the middle with only part of the track in contact with dirt. Very few jobs Charlie gets on want something pancake smooth. Almost all the landscaping around ponds and building sites any more is full of mounds and piles and irregular shapes.

I would agree that Bobcat has the largest market share. It's been some time ago when as a company they decided they were going to get competative with the cheaper brands out there and basically buy the market share. That they did.

We'll stick with the Cat. The cab has more leg room. A/C works good. ISO with pilot controls. It's easy to keep the tracks clean. I trust ASV, they've had them out for quite a while now. The only thing I would like is for them to make a larger version, something that had a bucket close to 2 yards on it with about 36" more reach. Basically a 943 on rubber so you could get around with it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)