AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who is gaining in skidsteer sales?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

J. Sheehan
Posted 9/6/2006 00:35 (#41733 - in reply to #41523)
Subject: RE: must have been something wrong

Sunnyside, WA
Ray,

I'm not doubting something was wrong with either the machine or me, and mostly likely it came down to me and my ability to run the loader. One big issue on our farm is the number of operators that use the skid loader. It is upwards of 12-15 people that will operate at any time, with 3-4 mainly doing most of the hours. I was concerned about everyone learning a new way to drive the skid loader, and this was echoed (without me prompting them) by the three other operators I asked to drive the Cat. These are great operators, all three of which spend the majority of their days in a Cat 924G, 924Gz, or 930G loader and are VERY used to the ISO joystick for the loader function, but we all struggled with the driving (left hand) in the Cat. Cat salesman said on the next series they were planning to make adjustments for how quickly the machine reacted; something you could change to your specific way of operating the machine. I also didn't like the way my arm rested on the armrest and the angle it put my wrist in during operation. Very uncomfortable, but maybe there are adjustments or its just something related to me. I like Cat equipment, specifically the pay loaders. The skid loader just didn't fit this time.

The Case has servo controls. Not going to try to tell you what that means or how they work, but it is a pretty good system for us and is not mechanical linkage like the 1845C we traded. I'll let you know in a year or so how we like the unit. We tend to put quite a few hours on the ones we like, and the rest hit the road pretty quick. Our oldest 924Gz with over 11,000 hours seems like it is just getting broke in!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)