AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who is gaining in skidsteer sales?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dave swia
Posted 9/6/2006 07:37 (#41776 - in reply to #41712)
Subject: RE: if you compare the same size machines you

sw corner Ia
Well, the last time I backfilled a basement, the builder said he wanted it flat. You mentioned how much smoother the cat is, and I say not enough to matter to me. When I load a truck on the side of a steep sidehill because there is no where else to do it, I do not want a flexible set of tracks under me. I guess I just got used to the solid feel of the old crawler loader.

The asv has been out for many years, and I still don't care for all the extra moving parts and plastic rollers thatlook like they will wear out quicker. I really don't like the mickey mouse track adjuster drawbolt, and really do like the greaser adjuster on the bc, but that is just my druthers, and after a couple thousand hours drawing $90 or so/hour it might not matter much if you keep trading them. Anyhow, obviously you like your cat and I say great! I still don't think there is enough difference in performance in any of these to make or break the sale, just the dealer backing. Cat doesn't have the corner on the market here on that one..

You have a great and safe day, ray. Take care
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)